WACO, Texas - Bryce Petty threw for three touchdowns and ran for two more, Shock Linwood ran for 182 yards and fifth-ranked Baylor stayed undefeated, passing its first big test with a 41-12 victory over No. 12 Oklahoma on Thursday night.
Baylor (8-0, 5-0 Big 12) scored twice in the final minute before halftime and stretched its school-record winning streak to 12 games since a loss at Oklahoma last November. The Bears are 8-0 for the first time.
Even though Baylor came in leading the nation in scoring (64 points per game) and total offense (718 yards per game) - and was outscoring opponents by an average margin of 48 points - many questioned how good the Bears were after getting into November without playing a ranked team. They have now, and they responded with an impressive victory against a team that used to routinely overwhelm them.
- Updated Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sentencing phase kicks off in murder trial of Abilene teen
- Victims ID'd: San Angelo man & boy, 4, apparently drowned while fishing
- Recent thefts raise eyebrows at Abilene hardware store
- Police: Chase from Amarillo ends with shooting in New Mexico
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer