DALLAS - Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops was quick to point out Tuesday that there still is no final decision on who will be the Sooners' starting quarterback this season.
It has been quite a while since that has been a question for Stoops.
Landry Jones is gone after starting 50 games for Oklahoma the past four seasons, and becoming the Big 12's career passing leader with 16,646 yards.
Stoops says junior Blake Bell has competition for the job from sophomore Kendal Thompson and redshirt freshman Trevor Knight.
Texas coach Mack Brown finally got a break at Big 12 football media days from having to answer who will be his starter. The Longhorns have junior David Ash, whose 18 starts are the most among current league quarterbacks.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot
- Council 'work session' to focus on curbside recycling, downtown Abilene parking