DALLAS - Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops was quick to point out Tuesday that there still is no final decision on who will be the Sooners' starting quarterback this season.
It has been quite a while since that has been a question for Stoops.
Landry Jones is gone after starting 50 games for Oklahoma the past four seasons, and becoming the Big 12's career passing leader with 16,646 yards.
Stoops says junior Blake Bell has competition for the job from sophomore Kendal Thompson and redshirt freshman Trevor Knight.
Texas coach Mack Brown finally got a break at Big 12 football media days from having to answer who will be his starter. The Longhorns have junior David Ash, whose 18 starts are the most among current league quarterbacks.
- Updated Abilene councilman on water bill complaints: Meters are being read
- Updated Foreign national leads high-speed chase, fires shots through Big Country
- Updated City of Abilene receives 2,000+ complaints or comments about water bills
- Updated Abilene requests proposals for new downtown hotel and 'festival district'
- Updated August 2016 ties August 1914 as wettest in Texas
- Abilene requests proposals for new downtown hotel and 'festival district'
- Paint Creek reacts to Perry's Dancing with the Stars casting
- Businesses near Big Country lakes hoping for big Labor Day turnout
- Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season