DALLAS - Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops was quick to point out Tuesday that there still is no final decision on who will be the Sooners' starting quarterback this season.
It has been quite a while since that has been a question for Stoops.
Landry Jones is gone after starting 50 games for Oklahoma the past four seasons, and becoming the Big 12's career passing leader with 16,646 yards.
Stoops says junior Blake Bell has competition for the job from sophomore Kendal Thompson and redshirt freshman Trevor Knight.
Texas coach Mack Brown finally got a break at Big 12 football media days from having to answer who will be his starter. The Longhorns have junior David Ash, whose 18 starts are the most among current league quarterbacks.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated