IRVING, Texas - Oklahoma State has been picked as the favorite to win the Big 12 title in a preseason poll of media members who cover the league.
Six different teams got first-place votes in the poll released Thursday in advance of next week's Big 12 football media days.
The Cowboys got 15 of the 43 first-place votes and 365 points in the poll. Oklahoma, which shared last year's Big 12 title with Kansas State, was picked second with eight first-place votes and 355 points.
TCU was picked third with nine first-place votes, one more than Texas.
Baylor got two first-place votes for fifth, ahead of Kansas State, which got the remaining first-place vote. Texas Tech, West Virginia, Iowa State and Kansas round out the preseason poll.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated
- Walter murder trial: 'Formality' in sentencing to call Abilene couple back to court Thursday