SPOKANE, Washington - Kevin Pangos made seven 3-pointers and scored 31 points to lead No. 13 Gonzaga past Baylor 94-87 on Friday night.
Kelly Olynyk added 21 points, Elias Harris had 17 and Gary Bell Jr. added 12 for the Bulldogs (12-1), who shot 52 percent from the field (31 of 59). Pangos went 10 for 13 and finished two points shy of his career high.
Pierre Jackson led Baylor (8-4) with 26 points, Isaiah Austin had 20 and Cory Jefferson added 13. The Bears also shot 52 percent, but attempted 21 fewer free throws than Gonzaga.
Gonzaga didn't hold a lead until 4:53 remained in the first half but never trailed after halftime, leading by as many as 12.
The Bulldogs drew two quick fouls on Austin - a 7-foot-1, 220-pound freshman - after halftime and he went to the bench with three fouls. Harris then completed a three-point play to give Gonzaga a 47-38 lead.
- Updated Olympic gold medalist Simone Biles welcomed home to Texas
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Rival schools lend football gear to Oklahoma team after fire
- Updated Active search over, suspect avoids arrest after high-speed Big Country chase
- Updated Police: Man charged in Texas mosque threat later apologized