Kansas (2-5, 0-4 Big 12) at Texas (5-2, 4-0), 2:30 p.m. CT Saturday (LHN)
Line: Texas by 28
Series record: Texas leads 10-2
WHAT'S AT STAKE
Texas has to maintain the momentum of four-game winning streak that has pushed Longhorns into share of first place in Big 12 with Baylor. Kansas is still searching for some way to snap 25-game conference losing streak.
Texas DEs Jackson Jeffcoat and Cedric Reed vs. Kansas OTs Pat Lewandowsk and Aslam Sterling. Jeffcoat and Reed have become one of league's best sack tandems over past four games. The Jayhawks will be challenged to keep quarterback Jake Heaps upright.
PLAYERS TO WATCH
Kansas: RB James Sims rushed for 176 yards against Texas last season as Jayhawks built lead only to watch Texas win in final seconds. He may find rough going against Texas' rejuvenated rush defense, which allowed TCU total of 45 yards on ground last week.
Texas: WR Marcus Johnson is the Longhorns' new big play threat with touchdowns of 59 and 65 yards in past two games.
FACTS & FIGURES
Texas hasn't played at home since Sept. 28, but Longhorns will play three of final five games at Royal-Memorial Stadium ... The Texas offensive line hasn't allowed a sack in past two games ... Heaps started for BYU in 2011 when Texas rallied for a 17-16 win over Cougars.
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sentencing phase kicks off in murder trial of Abilene teen
- Victims ID'd: San Angelo man & boy, 4, apparently drowned while fishing
- Recent thefts raise eyebrows at Abilene hardware store
- Police: Chase from Amarillo ends with shooting in New Mexico
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer