WACO, Texas - McMurry University senior men's golfer Matt Ragovin has been named as the Heartland Conference "Player of the Week" for his efforts in helping the War Hawks to the Jack Brown Memorial Invitational team championship.
Ragovin placed third overall, carding a three-over-par aggregate score of 219 for the 56-hole event in being named to the All-Tournament team. Ragovin had back-to-back rounds on 74 and 73 on Monday, before firing an even-par round of 72 in Tuesday's final round at the 6,815-yard Laredo Country Club course.
On the year, the Coral Springs, Fla., native has a stroke average of 74.91 for 11 rounds in 2012-13. The third place was Ragovin's best finish this season for McM, as well.
Information for this story provided by McMurry Sports Information.
- Rose Park aquatic center to open this summer
- Updated Dashcam video of San Angelo councilman's altercation with police released
- 3 arrested for engaging in organized crime in San Angelo
- Job fair to be held at Abilene Convention Center
- Forecasters say parts of Texas – including Abilene – face critical wildfire danger
- Big Country 100 Men Who Care gives away another $10,000
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- John Lackey commemorative billboard to serve multiple purposes
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting