WACO, Texas - McMurry University senior men's golfer Matt Ragovin has been named as the Heartland Conference "Player of the Week" for his efforts in helping the War Hawks to the Jack Brown Memorial Invitational team championship.
Ragovin placed third overall, carding a three-over-par aggregate score of 219 for the 56-hole event in being named to the All-Tournament team. Ragovin had back-to-back rounds on 74 and 73 on Monday, before firing an even-par round of 72 in Tuesday's final round at the 6,815-yard Laredo Country Club course.
On the year, the Coral Springs, Fla., native has a stroke average of 74.91 for 11 rounds in 2012-13. The third place was Ragovin's best finish this season for McM, as well.
Information for this story provided by McMurry Sports Information.
- Updated Taylor County woman pleads guilty for injuring her children
- Updated Wanted: Former Abilene day care teacher among 4 being sought
- Lawmakers: Wells Fargo a 'criminal enterprise' like Enron
- Police: Woman, 64, seriously injured in Big Spring disturbance, man arrested
- Texas prison records show more than 330 transgender inmates
- Taylor County woman pleads guilty for injuring her children
- Abilene city manager proposes study of tiered water rates
- Man shot in arm during road rage incident near Abilene
- Man convicted of indecency with a child now arrested in Taylor County
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Sweetwater teacher accused of relationship with student resigns
- Bond reduced for Ranger man accused of murder
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash