WACO, Texas - McMurry University senior men's golfer Matt Ragovin has been named as the Heartland Conference "Player of the Week" for his efforts in helping the War Hawks to the Jack Brown Memorial Invitational team championship.
Ragovin placed third overall, carding a three-over-par aggregate score of 219 for the 56-hole event in being named to the All-Tournament team. Ragovin had back-to-back rounds on 74 and 73 on Monday, before firing an even-par round of 72 in Tuesday's final round at the 6,815-yard Laredo Country Club course.
On the year, the Coral Springs, Fla., native has a stroke average of 74.91 for 11 rounds in 2012-13. The third place was Ragovin's best finish this season for McM, as well.
Information for this story provided by McMurry Sports Information.
- Updated Enrollment up at Abilene, Wylie school districts
- Updated Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Updated Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital
- Updated Abilene man, 32, sentenced to 18 years for June 2014 shooting death
- Updated New Mexico governor: 10-year-old girl's death worst she's seen