MINNEAPOLIS, MN - Hardin-Simmons junior kick returner and wide receiver Jessie Ramos has been named a preseason first-team All-American by D3football.com, the leading national media authority on Division III football.
Ramos had three touchdowns a year ago on kickoff returns and has five in his two-year career, which is already an HSU school record. He has averaged 27.6 yards per return on 53 career kickoff returns.
He is also a dangerous receiver with 83 catches for 1,079 yards and 15 touchdowns over two seasons. He also had a rushing touchdown in his career and has 21 career touchdowns in two seasons.
Ramos is a junior from Stamford and has also been named the ASC Preseason Special Teams Player of the Year.
* Information provided by Hardin-Simmons University Athletics *
- Updated Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic
- Updated Texas promised to track oilfield waste in aquifers. It didn't
- Updated Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family
- Updated Fraternity suspends Texas A&M chapter after student's death
- Updated Abilene ISD institutes new drop-off policy