MINNEAPOLIS, MN - Hardin-Simmons junior kick returner and wide receiver Jessie Ramos has been named a preseason first-team All-American by D3football.com, the leading national media authority on Division III football.
Ramos had three touchdowns a year ago on kickoff returns and has five in his two-year career, which is already an HSU school record. He has averaged 27.6 yards per return on 53 career kickoff returns.
He is also a dangerous receiver with 83 catches for 1,079 yards and 15 touchdowns over two seasons. He also had a rushing touchdown in his career and has 21 career touchdowns in two seasons.
Ramos is a junior from Stamford and has also been named the ASC Preseason Special Teams Player of the Year.
* Information provided by Hardin-Simmons University Athletics *
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated