WACO, Texas - McMurry University junior men's tennis player Casjen Rico has been selected as the Heartland Conference "Player of the Week," it was announced by the league office.
It marks the second time this season that Rico has won the honor, also picking up the accolade on March 24.
Rico won all of his matches last week, including two versus nationally ranked #17 Cameron University, playing No. 5 singles and No. 1 doubles (with partner Chris Breaux). He also won at No. 3 singles and No. 1 doubles versus Southwestern Christian University.
Rico improved his season record to a team-best 15-3 in singles and 10-8 in doubles and is currently riding a 7-match win streak in singles. His 15 victories is also three more than any of the other Heartland Conference players have amassed.
Rico and Breaux are also the No. 2-ranked team in the NCAA Division II South Central Region.
Information for this story provided by McMurry Athletics.
- Updated DISH Network subscribers lose access to KTXS, ABC38, MeTV programming
- Obama commutes sentence of Chelsea Manning
- Colorado City vet seriously injured in crash, fundraising effort underway
- Police: 2 children taken in 1985 found, mom arrested in Texas
- Video shows dog chained to open trailer on highway
- Abilene firefighters attack early morning fire
- Abilene trailer park tenants receive water termination notice
- Police investigating north Abilene burglary, witnesses give description
- Man arrested after leading police on chase in north Abilene
- Girl scouts pick up thousands of boxes of cookies for 2017 season
- Brown County Youth Fair steer auctioned for record $15,000
- Brownwood holds 5th annual MLK Day parade, ceremony
- Brown County fire department asking for help buying new truck
- Woman convicted of murdering Abilene police officer files appeal
- Clyde family seeks memorial quilt accidentally donated to Goodwill