CLAREMORE, Okla. - Kaspars Kokis scored two-first half goals en route to a 4-0 Rogers State University win over McMurry University in Heartland Conference action Monday afternoon.
The Hillcats did their damage early. Kokis scored less than two minutes into the first half and added his second goal at the 10-minute mark.
Devin Zvosec added a goal at the 30:26-mark and Dylan Beaird scored at the 59:18-mark in the second half to put the match out of reach.
RSU (4-6-1, 2-2 Heartland) outshot McMurry (3-7-1, 2-2 Heartland) 22-6, including a 9-2 margin in the second half.
Senior goalkeeper Neil O'Sullivan (Saffron Walden, England/Cloud County CC) made a match-high eight saves.
McM returns to action Wednesday and play host to Dallas Christian University.
Information provided by McMurry athletics department.
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- Texas officer found dead at law enforcement shooting range