CLAREMORE, Okla. - Kaspars Kokis scored two-first half goals en route to a 4-0 Rogers State University win over McMurry University in Heartland Conference action Monday afternoon.
The Hillcats did their damage early. Kokis scored less than two minutes into the first half and added his second goal at the 10-minute mark.
Devin Zvosec added a goal at the 30:26-mark and Dylan Beaird scored at the 59:18-mark in the second half to put the match out of reach.
RSU (4-6-1, 2-2 Heartland) outshot McMurry (3-7-1, 2-2 Heartland) 22-6, including a 9-2 margin in the second half.
Senior goalkeeper Neil O'Sullivan (Saffron Walden, England/Cloud County CC) made a match-high eight saves.
McM returns to action Wednesday and play host to Dallas Christian University.
Information provided by McMurry athletics department.
- Updated Texas gunman had 2 weapons, thousands of rounds at scene
- Children subject of Amber Alert found dead, mother arrested
- KTXS Forecast: Isolated sprinkles possible then drying afternoon
- Updated North Texas son, 18, gets life in prison for killing parents
- Updated Fugitive Monday: Man, 27, wanted by Abilene police for parole violation
- Texas Roadhouse in Abilene donating to non-profit for cancer patients
- Man pleads guilty in connection with brutal 2014 Abilene murder, sentenced to life
- Abilene man fires shot during fight with roommate
- $4,000 TV stolen during burglary of Abilene apartment
- More Abilene convenience store robberies reported
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend
- Low enrollment causing Brookesmith ISD to look into restructuring
- Firefighters respond to house fire in Clyde, rescue dog