WACO, Texas - The Bears celebrated the opening of their final season at Floyd Casey Stadium by taking a 28-0 lead in the first quarter after Nick Florence, last year's record-setting replacement for Heisman Trophy winner Robert Griffin III, delivered the pre-game prayer.
Petty, a junior, needed just 10 plays and 2:05 combined on game-opening drives of 70 and 65 yards for a 14-0 lead.
Wofford, one of the best running teams in FCS, struggled in its first game without all-time rushing leader Eric Breitenstein. Playing their first game in Texas, the Terriers needed 60 carries to get 173 rushing yards, 2.9 yards per run.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- San Angelo council to consider naming new member after embattled councilman resigns
- Reward offered for killer of 8-year-old Texas girl
- Updated Hardin-Simmons to host regional in Division III basketball tournament
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program