KINGSVILLE, Texas - Hardin-Simmons' track and field teams sent a limited contingent to the Cactus Cup at Javelina Stadium on Saturday in Kingsville.
The meet came at the back end of spring break for HSU and the full team did not participate in the event.
Shannon Shipp set a new school record in the discus throw with a toss of 123-2. The throw was good for seventh place but was almost five feet further than her old school mark.
Shanice Wright ran a 12.73 100 and Martika Davis ran a 14.20. Aaron Livingston ran 27.61 in the 200 and Lauren Rodgers was 27.62 and Wrigh ran a 28.13. Davis went 31.04. Rodgers went 1:01.51 in the 400 and Livingston ran a 1:05.24. Audrey Salter ran a 6:13.21 in the 1,500 meters.
Rachel Allen ran a 17.93 in the 100 hurdles and Paige Goen ran a 18.14. Allen ran a 1:20.90 in the 400 hurdles and Goen went 1:24.68.
Kami Bellah jumped 4-11 ¾ in the high jump, 17-8 ½ in the long jump and 35-8 ¾ in the triple jump.
Evlyn Collins went 33-9 in the shot putm Shipp threw it 31-4 ¾ and Elissa Paniaqua had a 27-4 toss. Collins had a 111-10 toss in the discus. Collins had a 126-6 hammer throw, Shipp went 118-3 and Paniagua went 89-11. Shipp had an 89 foot javelin throw and Paniagua went 64-1.
Bradley Hutcheson had the first sub 11 100 at HSU with a 10.99, but the wind does not qualify the run. Jose Bolanos ran 11.54. Hutcheson went 22.46 in the 200, Cedric Miller was 23.88 and Bolanos was 24.88. Luke Wells had a 2:14.69 800 meters.
Derek Footer had his best 110 hurdles time of the year with a 15.55. It is the 11th-best run in Division III this spring. Miller went 1:06.62 in the 400 hurdles.
Wells had a 10-foot height in the pole vault. Miller went 19-3 1/2 in the long jump and Bolanos went 17-11 ½.
Cody Parker had a 36-9 in the shot put, 133 in the hammer and 108-5 in the hammer.
HSU will run at McMurry next weekend.
Information provided by HSU athletics department.
- Updated Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- San Angelo city councilman asked to resign over racial Facebook comments
- Updated Storms result in phone problems at Brownwood Police Department
- Deadly accident in Callahan County, road closed
- Updated Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- 140-year-old hardware store to stay open under new ownership
- Brownwood ISD's new calendar includes 3-day weekends every month
- Early man in jail for scamming elderly couple out of $15,000
- Brownwood raid leads to arrests for illegal drugs
- Brownwood takes steps to address wild hog problem at city field