KINGSVILLE, Texas - Hardin-Simmons' track and field teams sent a limited contingent to the Cactus Cup at Javelina Stadium on Saturday in Kingsville.
The meet came at the back end of spring break for HSU and the full team did not participate in the event.
Shannon Shipp set a new school record in the discus throw with a toss of 123-2. The throw was good for seventh place but was almost five feet further than her old school mark.
Shanice Wright ran a 12.73 100 and Martika Davis ran a 14.20. Aaron Livingston ran 27.61 in the 200 and Lauren Rodgers was 27.62 and Wrigh ran a 28.13. Davis went 31.04. Rodgers went 1:01.51 in the 400 and Livingston ran a 1:05.24. Audrey Salter ran a 6:13.21 in the 1,500 meters.
Rachel Allen ran a 17.93 in the 100 hurdles and Paige Goen ran a 18.14. Allen ran a 1:20.90 in the 400 hurdles and Goen went 1:24.68.
Kami Bellah jumped 4-11 ¾ in the high jump, 17-8 ½ in the long jump and 35-8 ¾ in the triple jump.
Evlyn Collins went 33-9 in the shot putm Shipp threw it 31-4 ¾ and Elissa Paniaqua had a 27-4 toss. Collins had a 111-10 toss in the discus. Collins had a 126-6 hammer throw, Shipp went 118-3 and Paniagua went 89-11. Shipp had an 89 foot javelin throw and Paniagua went 64-1.
Bradley Hutcheson had the first sub 11 100 at HSU with a 10.99, but the wind does not qualify the run. Jose Bolanos ran 11.54. Hutcheson went 22.46 in the 200, Cedric Miller was 23.88 and Bolanos was 24.88. Luke Wells had a 2:14.69 800 meters.
Derek Footer had his best 110 hurdles time of the year with a 15.55. It is the 11th-best run in Division III this spring. Miller went 1:06.62 in the 400 hurdles.
Wells had a 10-foot height in the pole vault. Miller went 19-3 1/2 in the long jump and Bolanos went 17-11 ½.
Cody Parker had a 36-9 in the shot put, 133 in the hammer and 108-5 in the hammer.
HSU will run at McMurry next weekend.
Information provided by HSU athletics department.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated