KANSAS CITY - Hardin-Simmons had four players named first-team all-West region and six players overall were named to the all-West region teams as named by the National Soccer Coaches Association of America.
Senior forward Katie Kuykendall, junior defender Courtney Cramer and junior midfielders Devon Howard and Taylor Thigpen were all named first-team all-region.
Kuykendall led the team in scoring with 12 goals and 23 assists and Cramer led the team in goals with 14 goals (13 on corner kicks) and led a stingy defense that allowed only eight goals on the season.
Howard had 10 goals and 18 assists and Thigpen scored nine goals with six assists.
Sophomore Shannon Byrd was named to the second team as a midfielder and freshman Lexi Stinson was named to the third team as a goalkeeper.
The Cowgirls went 18-1-2, advanced to the sectional round of the NCAAs and won their 10th straight American Southwest Conference title. HSU finished the season ranked seventh nationally by the NSCAA and fourth nationally by D3soocer.com.
Information for this story provided by HSU Sports Information.
- Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season
- Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen