ABILENE, Texas - War Hawks hoops coach Veronica Snow leading a positions camp at McMurry this week.
This camp isn't like most summer basketball camps though. It's an overnight advance camp that focuses more on skills rather than fundamentals of the game.
McMurry started their positions camp back in the early 1990's. They not only use it as a chance to see some of the Big Country's top talent, but also to give these girls something they can't get on the high school level.
"As a high school coach, I understand that time, especially with multi-sport athletes, you just don't get as much of the details taught like you want," said Snow, who was a high school coach for nine years. "So in camp, if you can give the girls ideas to work on higher levels, [then] they'll go work on some fundamentals on their own."
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash