ABILENE, Texas - War Hawks hoops coach Veronica Snow leading a positions camp at McMurry this week.
This camp isn't like most summer basketball camps though. It's an overnight advance camp that focuses more on skills rather than fundamentals of the game.
McMurry started their positions camp back in the early 1990's. They not only use it as a chance to see some of the Big Country's top talent, but also to give these girls something they can't get on the high school level.
"As a high school coach, I understand that time, especially with multi-sport athletes, you just don't get as much of the details taught like you want," said Snow, who was a high school coach for nine years. "So in camp, if you can give the girls ideas to work on higher levels, [then] they'll go work on some fundamentals on their own."
- Teenage suspect arrested in Hamlin murder; 2nd suspect wanted
- Updated Abilene police ask for help identifying man who robbed 2 convenience stores
- House fires fought in north, south Abilene
- Big Country 15-year-old sells steer for $345,000
- 2nd Vernon College rodeo team member dies 8 days after Haskell County crash; 3rd death total
- Brownwood college rodeo raising funds for families of deceased Vernon College students
- Brownwood teen gets 50 years in prison for murdering parents
- Sears Hometown in Early to remain open despite company's woes
- Scoreboard at Gordon Wood Stadium in Brownwood to be replaced
- Brownwood ISD considering random drug testing for extracurricular activities