ABILENE, Texas - War Hawks hoops coach Veronica Snow leading a positions camp at McMurry this week.
This camp isn't like most summer basketball camps though. It's an overnight advance camp that focuses more on skills rather than fundamentals of the game.
McMurry started their positions camp back in the early 1990's. They not only use it as a chance to see some of the Big Country's top talent, but also to give these girls something they can't get on the high school level.
"As a high school coach, I understand that time, especially with multi-sport athletes, you just don't get as much of the details taught like you want," said Snow, who was a high school coach for nine years. "So in camp, if you can give the girls ideas to work on higher levels, [then] they'll go work on some fundamentals on their own."
- Updated Abilene councilman on water bill complaints: Meters are being read
- Updated Foreign national leads high-speed chase, fires shots through Big Country
- Updated City of Abilene receives 2,000+ complaints or comments about water bills
- Updated Abilene requests proposals for new downtown hotel and 'festival district'
- Updated August 2016 ties August 1914 as wettest in Texas
- Abilene requests proposals for new downtown hotel and 'festival district'
- Paint Creek reacts to Perry's Dancing with the Stars casting
- Businesses near Big Country lakes hoping for big Labor Day turnout
- Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season