ABILENE, Texas - War Hawks hoops coach Veronica Snow leading a positions camp at McMurry this week.
This camp isn't like most summer basketball camps though. It's an overnight advance camp that focuses more on skills rather than fundamentals of the game.
McMurry started their positions camp back in the early 1990's. They not only use it as a chance to see some of the Big Country's top talent, but also to give these girls something they can't get on the high school level.
"As a high school coach, I understand that time, especially with multi-sport athletes, you just don't get as much of the details taught like you want," said Snow, who was a high school coach for nine years. "So in camp, if you can give the girls ideas to work on higher levels, [then] they'll go work on some fundamentals on their own."
- WATCH NOW: Live coverage of President Donald Trump's inauguration
- West Texas teacher admits luring immigrant teachers for kickbacks
- Texas judge cited after allegedly making obscene gesture
- Updated Abilene High School students attend presidential inauguration
- Firefighters battle grass fire west of Anson