ABILENE, Texas - War Hawks hoops coach Veronica Snow leading a positions camp at McMurry this week.
This camp isn't like most summer basketball camps though. It's an overnight advance camp that focuses more on skills rather than fundamentals of the game.
McMurry started their positions camp back in the early 1990's. They not only use it as a chance to see some of the Big Country's top talent, but also to give these girls something they can't get on the high school level.
"As a high school coach, I understand that time, especially with multi-sport athletes, you just don't get as much of the details taught like you want," said Snow, who was a high school coach for nine years. "So in camp, if you can give the girls ideas to work on higher levels, [then] they'll go work on some fundamentals on their own."
- Updated Rio Olympics: Is Brazil ready for the 2016 Games?
- Updated Hot air balloon carrying at least 16 people crashes in Texas
- Updated FAA warned of potential for many hot air balloon deaths
- Updated Ex-Texas A&M linebacker, wife killed at their home
- Updated Melissa Valdez: Triple digit temperatures return to the forecast