ABILENE, Texas - McMurry University Athletics has announced that head women's basketball coach Veronica Snow has resigned her position effective July 31. Snow took over as head coach of the McM women's basketball team in 2007-08 and had a career coaching record of 114-77 at McM over her seven seasons.
"We appreciate Veronica's years of service to McMurry and wish her all the best in the future," McM director of athletics Sam Ferguson said. "We are thankful for her work - both on and off the court - for our athletics program.
"We are committed to the scholar-athletes who came here to play women's basketball for McMurry and right now they are our main focus. We will immediately begin the process to find a new coach and to put someone in place as soon as possible for them."
Snow was named the sixth women's basketball coach in school history May 7, 2007. Snow also spent five seasons as an assistant at McMurry University to former head coach Sam Nichols from 1996-2001.
Prior to taking over as head women's basketball coach at McMurry, Snow spent six years at Hardin-Simmons where she was an assistant professor of fitness and sports sciences. Her previous head coaching experience came at the high school level from 1993-1996 where she served as the Varsity Girls' Basketball Coach at Merkel High School. She was also an assistant under Nichols at Abilene High School from 1987-1993.
"McMurry has been a place for me to grow and learn and I am so appreciative of the people there who made it a great place," Snow said. "The student-athletes we were able to work with were amazing and I will always cherish those memories."
Information for this story provided by McMurry Athletes.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated