ABILENE, Texas - St. Edwards's University scored four first-half goals en route to a 7-0 win over McMurry University Sunday afternoon at Edward's Field.
Andrew Fox scored two goals in the opening 10 minutes to put the Hilltoppers up 2-0. Coleton Stymeist scored at the 35:11-mark, while Nate Coons scored two minutes before halftime to put St. Edward's up 4-0.
St. Edward's (4-1-1) outshot McMurry 20-2 and by a 7-0 margin in the first half.
Senior goalkeeper Neil O'Sullivan (Saffron Walden, England/Cloud County CC) had a busy day in the net with six saves.
McM (1-5-1) returns to action Oct. 5 and plays host to Dallas Baptist University.
Note: This match was scheduled as nonconference and won't reflect in conference standings.
Information provided by McMurry Athletics.
- Updated Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Updated 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Updated Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Updated HPU baseball team collects donations for LA flood victims
- Updated Lowe's Heroes gives back to the Disabled American Veterans