ABILENE, Texas - St. Edwards's University scored four first-half goals en route to a 7-0 win over McMurry University Sunday afternoon at Edward's Field.
Andrew Fox scored two goals in the opening 10 minutes to put the Hilltoppers up 2-0. Coleton Stymeist scored at the 35:11-mark, while Nate Coons scored two minutes before halftime to put St. Edward's up 4-0.
St. Edward's (4-1-1) outshot McMurry 20-2 and by a 7-0 margin in the first half.
Senior goalkeeper Neil O'Sullivan (Saffron Walden, England/Cloud County CC) had a busy day in the net with six saves.
McM (1-5-1) returns to action Oct. 5 and plays host to Dallas Baptist University.
Note: This match was scheduled as nonconference and won't reflect in conference standings.
Information provided by McMurry Athletics.
- Updated Video shows man using stolen credit card at Abilene store
- Updated Circus acrobats tie the knot on tightrope during Texas show
- Updated Judge: Reagan shooter can leave hospital to live in Virginia
- Updated Abilene mother fears daughter, 12, victim of human trafficking
- Updated Suspect sought in death of Texas journalist, investor