ABILENE, Texas - St. Edwards's University scored four first-half goals en route to a 7-0 win over McMurry University Sunday afternoon at Edward's Field.
Andrew Fox scored two goals in the opening 10 minutes to put the Hilltoppers up 2-0. Coleton Stymeist scored at the 35:11-mark, while Nate Coons scored two minutes before halftime to put St. Edward's up 4-0.
St. Edward's (4-1-1) outshot McMurry 20-2 and by a 7-0 margin in the first half.
Senior goalkeeper Neil O'Sullivan (Saffron Walden, England/Cloud County CC) had a busy day in the net with six saves.
McM (1-5-1) returns to action Oct. 5 and plays host to Dallas Baptist University.
Note: This match was scheduled as nonconference and won't reflect in conference standings.
Information provided by McMurry Athletics.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Female football official earning her stripes
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- KTXS Forecast: Feeling like late September temperatures
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth