FT. WORTH, Texas - TCU has hired Houston offensive coordinator Doug Meacham for the same job with the Horned Frogs.
Meacham was co-offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach for one year with the Cougars after spending eight seasons as an assistant at Oklahoma State, his alma mater.
Jarrett Anderson and Rusty Burns were co-offensive coordinators for TCU this season and will remain on staff. Anderson also coached running backs, and Burns was in charge of quarterbacks.
TCU (5-7) had its second losing season in 13 years under coach Gary Patterson. The Horned Frogs were ninth in total offense and eighth in scoring offense in the 10-team Big 12.
Meacham has been a college assistant since 1991. He was a graduate assistant at Oklahoma State and Northeastern Oklahoma before that.
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth
- Teen killed in Coleman County motorcycle-truck crash
- Teacher Tribute: First-year Wylie teacher receives season's first honor
- Brookesmith school board selects interim superintendent
- Victim testifies against former chief in Anson sexual assault trial
- Clyde Intermediate School teachers save student from choking