DALLAS - TCU quarterback Casey Pachall (PAW'-hall) has been suspended indefinitely after he was arrested on suspicion of driving while intoxicated.
Coach Gary Patterson announced the suspension Thursday morning, hours after police say Pachall was pulled over for running a stop sign near TCU's Fort Worth campus.
Fort Worth police Sgt. Pedro Criado says Pachall's blood-alcohol level was above the legal limit, but wouldn't provide specifics. A jail official in nearby Mansfield said Pachall was being held on $1,000 bond. There was no information on an attorney.
In February, Pachall admitted to police that he smoked marijuana and failed a drug test two weeks before his roommate was arrested in a sting operation.
The 15th-ranked Horned Frogs (4-0, 1-0 Big 12) host Iowa State on Saturday.
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- San Angelo council to consider naming new member after embattled councilman resigns
- Reward offered for killer of 8-year-old Texas girl
- Hardin-Simmons to host regional in Division III basketball tournament
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program