DALLAS - TCU quarterback Casey Pachall (PAW'-hall) has been suspended indefinitely after he was arrested on suspicion of driving while intoxicated.
Coach Gary Patterson announced the suspension Thursday morning, hours after police say Pachall was pulled over for running a stop sign near TCU's Fort Worth campus.
Fort Worth police Sgt. Pedro Criado says Pachall's blood-alcohol level was above the legal limit, but wouldn't provide specifics. A jail official in nearby Mansfield said Pachall was being held on $1,000 bond. There was no information on an attorney.
In February, Pachall admitted to police that he smoked marijuana and failed a drug test two weeks before his roommate was arrested in a sting operation.
The 15th-ranked Horned Frogs (4-0, 1-0 Big 12) host Iowa State on Saturday.
- Updated Dem convention speeches Day 4: CNN's Reality Check Team vets the claims
- 3 Big Country hospitals receive high marks from federal government
- Abilene council members approve controversial rezoning ordinance
- Brownwood business selling T-shirts to support law enforcement
- Hillary Clinton: 'The sky's the limit'