DALLAS - TCU quarterback Casey Pachall (PAW'-hall) has been suspended indefinitely after he was arrested on suspicion of driving while intoxicated.
Coach Gary Patterson announced the suspension Thursday morning, hours after police say Pachall was pulled over for running a stop sign near TCU's Fort Worth campus.
Fort Worth police Sgt. Pedro Criado says Pachall's blood-alcohol level was above the legal limit, but wouldn't provide specifics. A jail official in nearby Mansfield said Pachall was being held on $1,000 bond. There was no information on an attorney.
In February, Pachall admitted to police that he smoked marijuana and failed a drug test two weeks before his roommate was arrested in a sting operation.
The 15th-ranked Horned Frogs (4-0, 1-0 Big 12) host Iowa State on Saturday.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- Teacher Tribute: First-year Wylie teacher receives season's first honor
- 3 suspects sought by Abilene police
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth