AUSTIN, Texas - Texas coach Mack Brown has had a running joke all week: He's the only coach in America playing for a conference championship while also shrugging off speculation he could be replaced.
That sums up the drama surrounding Brown and a team who have fought their way through a topsy-turvy season of embarrassing losses and big wins and now find themselves on the verge of a Big 12 title in the final game of the regular season.
The No. 23 Longhorns (8-3, 7-1) play at No. 9 Baylor (10-1, 7-1) with at least a share of the conference title at stake. For either team, a win coupled with an Oklahoma State loss - the Cowboys beat both in November - will earn the victor the crown outright.
- Updated Crews battling wildfires in Texas Panhandle, Oklahoma
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Updated High levels of ammonia in Texas home where some 430 animals found
- JCPenney to close up to 140 stores