AUSTIN, Texas (AP) - Jonathan Holmes scored 11 of his 15 points in the first half as Texas cruised to a 66-44 victory over Rice on Monday.
The Longhorns (11-2), who did not win their 11th game last year until mid-February, wrapped up nonconference play with their ninth straight win over the Owls (5-7), who never held a lead in the game.
Holmes scored the first five points of the contest before a Keith Washington 3-pointer tied the game at 8. That was the closest Rice ever got, as Texas used a 13-2 run to pull away from the Owls, taking a 37-19 halftime lead and never looking back.
Cam Ridley scored 10 of his 14 points in the second half while Connor Lammert added 10 points and six rebounds for the Longhorns
Sean Obi recorded his third double-double in the last four games with 10 points and 12 rebounds for Rice.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated