AUSTIN, Texas - The Texas defense has been bad. Fire the coordinator after two games kind of bad.
And even though that change has brought about some improvement, the defense is still giving up big points and big plays.
And now come the surging Oklahoma Sooners and the annual showdown game at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas. The No. 12 Sooners have settled into a groove behind quarterback Blake Bell just in time for a rivalry that has been an embarrassment for the Longhorns the last two seasons.
Oklahoma has averaged 54 points against the Longhorns the last two games, including a 63-21 rout last year, and have put the game out of reach by halftime.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- KTXS Forecast: Severe weather possible tonight, sunshine back tomorrow
- Texas high school transgender wrestler wins regional title
- Man arrested for slaying of Caldwell County woman