HOUSTON - Guard Julien Lewis, one of three players to leave the Texas Longhorns after last season, says he's transferring to Fresno State.
Lewis disclosed his intentions in an interview with KRIV-TV (http://bit.ly/19GwqU1) of Houston.
The Longhorns announced his release a little over a month ago. He'll have to sit out the season, but he'll have two years of eligibility left. Bulldogs head coach Rodney Terry is a former Longhorns assistant.
Lewis was the Longhorns' third-leading scorer last season, averaging 11.2 points in 21 starts. Texas is now without its top three scorers from last season.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated