HOUSTON - Guard Julien Lewis, one of three players to leave the Texas Longhorns after last season, says he's transferring to Fresno State.
Lewis disclosed his intentions in an interview with KRIV-TV (http://bit.ly/19GwqU1) of Houston.
The Longhorns announced his release a little over a month ago. He'll have to sit out the season, but he'll have two years of eligibility left. Bulldogs head coach Rodney Terry is a former Longhorns assistant.
Lewis was the Longhorns' third-leading scorer last season, averaging 11.2 points in 21 starts. Texas is now without its top three scorers from last season.
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget