AUSTIN, Texas - Texas linebacker Jordan Hicks will miss the rest of the season with an Achilles tendon injury in his left leg and quarterback David Ash is being evaluated for symptoms of a head injury.
Hicks was hurt during the Longhorns' 31-21 victory Saturday night against Kansas State. He was leading the team in tackles with 41.
The senior missed most of last season and took a medical redshirt because of a hip injury. Texas announced Sunday that Hicks would have surgery to repair a ruptured left Achilles tendon.
Ash played only the first half against Kansas State and threw for 166 yards, helping Texas take a 17-7 lead. He had missed the previous game against Mississippi with concussion-like symptoms.
- Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital
- Abilene man, 32, sentenced to 18 years for June 2014 shooting death
- New Mexico governor: 10-year-old girl's death worst she's seen
- Updated Mark Rowlett: Tracking continued afternoon and evening thundershower chances