AUSTIN, Texas - Texas linebacker Jordan Hicks will miss the rest of the season with an Achilles tendon injury in his left leg and quarterback David Ash is being evaluated for symptoms of a head injury.
Hicks was hurt during the Longhorns' 31-21 victory Saturday night against Kansas State. He was leading the team in tackles with 41.
The senior missed most of last season and took a medical redshirt because of a hip injury. Texas announced Sunday that Hicks would have surgery to repair a ruptured left Achilles tendon.
Ash played only the first half against Kansas State and threw for 166 yards, helping Texas take a 17-7 lead. He had missed the previous game against Mississippi with concussion-like symptoms.
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- State Rep. submits bill to end Brown Co. Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Texas ag. commisisoner calls for ‘hog apocalypse'
- Abilene City Council chooses water rate study after high bills
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS