AUSTIN, Texas - Texas redshirt freshman quarterback Connor Brewer has been granted an unconditional release to transfer.
The school announced the move Tuesday night. A statement from the school did not say where Brewer would transfer.
A former high school all-American, Brewer was one of the top quarterback recruits in the country out of Scottsdale, Ariz., but was just one of several Longhorns battling for the No. 2 spot behind starter David Ash.
In a statement, Brewer said it was in his "best interest" to pursue other options for his college career. Texas coach Mack Brown said he wishes Brewer the "best of luck."
- Man shot in arm during road rage incident near Abilene
- Man convicted of indecency with a child now arrested in Taylor County
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Financial shortfall forcing Meals on Wheels to cut breakfast delivery in Abilene
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Sweetwater teacher accused of relationship with student resigns
- Bond reduced for Ranger man accused of murder
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash