AUSTIN, Texas - Texas redshirt freshman quarterback Connor Brewer has been granted an unconditional release to transfer.
The school announced the move Tuesday night. A statement from the school did not say where Brewer would transfer.
A former high school all-American, Brewer was one of the top quarterback recruits in the country out of Scottsdale, Ariz., but was just one of several Longhorns battling for the No. 2 spot behind starter David Ash.
In a statement, Brewer said it was in his "best interest" to pursue other options for his college career. Texas coach Mack Brown said he wishes Brewer the "best of luck."
- Updated Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Updated Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- Updated City of Abilene to give away 100 rain barrel kits
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon stray t-shower possible for West-Central Texas
- Updated Country music star Vince Gill tours West Texas Rehab in Abilene