AUSTIN, Texas - Texas redshirt freshman quarterback Connor Brewer has been granted an unconditional release to transfer.
The school announced the move Tuesday night. A statement from the school did not say where Brewer would transfer.
A former high school all-American, Brewer was one of the top quarterback recruits in the country out of Scottsdale, Ariz., but was just one of several Longhorns battling for the No. 2 spot behind starter David Ash.
In a statement, Brewer said it was in his "best interest" to pursue other options for his college career. Texas coach Mack Brown said he wishes Brewer the "best of luck."
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated