AUSTIN, Texas - The Texas Longhorns are sticking with David Ash as starting quarterback.
Ash was replaced by Case McCoy late against Kansas and McCoy drove the Longhorns to the game-winning touchdown in a 21-17 win. But coach Mack Brown says Ash will still be the starter when the Longhorns (6-2, 3-2 Big 12) travel this week to play at No. 20 Texas Tech (6-2, 3-2).
Ash has been one of the highest-rated passers in the country with 1,726 yards and 12 touchdowns. But Ash has thrown only one touchdown in the last three games.
McCoy relieved Ash against Kansas with the Longhorns trailing 14-7 in the fourth quarter and took every snap on two touchdown drives. His touchdown pass to D.J. Grant with 12 seconds left was the game winner.
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- 2 men charged in shooting death of Dwyane Wade's cousin
- Philippines: 5-year-old girl killed in drug war, Human Rights Watch says
- HPU baseball team collects donations for LA flood victims
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident