LUBBOCK - Jaye Crockett scored 22 points and grabbed 10 rebounds to lead Texas Tech to a 91-63 win over Nebraska-Omaha on Wednesday night.
Crockett shot 9 of 12 from the field and was flawless from behind the 3-point mark and the free-throw line.
Texas Tech blew a 13-point lead to go into halftime up by only six. After the half, Dejan Kravic and Crockett helped the Red Raiders break open a lead that would only grow.
Kravic added 20 points for the Red Raiders, with all but two of those coming in the second half.
The Red Raiders (2-0) crashed the boards, out-rebounding the Mavericks (1-2) 48 to 27.
The Red Raiders pressed aggressively all game long, which translated into 10 steals and kept the Mavericks on their heels.
Justin Simmons led the Mavericks with 13 points, and John Karhoff added 11 points and four rebounds.
- Updated Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck
- KTXS Forecast: Afternoon stray t-shower possible for West-Central Texas
- Updated City of Abilene to give away 100 rain barrel kits
- Updated Country music star Vince Gill tours West Texas Rehab in Abilene
- Updated Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event