LUBBOCK, Texas - Texas Tech coach Kliff Kingsbury says quarterback Baker Mayfield's knee has no structural damage after the freshman went down in the No. 20 Red Raiders' win at Kansas.
The first-year coach said Monday the injury doesn't "appear to be a season-ending type."
Kingsbury said he's not sure whether Mayfield will start or even play against Iowa State this week.
Mayfield went down with seconds left in the third quarter of the 54-16 win. He hobbled very slowly off the field with someone helping him under each arm. He later left the field on crutches.
He threw for 368 yards and a touchdown and ran for another score before being replaced by backup Davis Webb.
- H-E-B donates $2,500 to The Food Bank of West Central Texas
- CityLink bus fare increases passed by Abilene City Council
- Abilene City Council responds to audit requests over water bills
- Truck flips after being T-boned in downtown Abilene
- Guardian claims disabled Abilene woman had $200,000 stolen from account