LUBBOCK, Texas - Baker Mayfield threw for three touchdowns and 367 yards - all in the first half - and Kenny Williams rushed for two more scores as Texas Tech beat Stephen F. Austin 61-13 on Saturday night.
Mayfield, a walk-on freshman, threw TD passes of 42, 25 and 60 yards. He completed 21 of 30 passes.
His favorite receiver, Jace Amaro, finished with eight catches for 142 yards and a touchdown.
Williams' scores of 1 and 18 yards came in the first quarter.
Stephen F. Austin (0-2) couldn't keep up with the prolific offense of the Red Raiders (2-0). The closest the Lumberjacks were was 14-7 after 75-yard pass from wide receiver Tyler Boyd to Mike Brooks, who scampered untouched along the sideline for the score.
The start of the game was delayed about 45 minutes because of lightning in the area.
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth
- Teen killed in Coleman County motorcycle-truck crash
- Teacher Tribute: First-year Wylie teacher receives season's first honor
- Brookesmith school board selects interim superintendent
- Victim testifies against former chief in Anson sexual assault trial
- Clyde Intermediate School teachers save student from choking