LUBBOCK, Texas - Freshman backup quarterback Davis Webb threw a 19-yard touchdown pass to Bradley Marquez with 3:48 remaining to lead Texas Tech to a 20-10 victory over No. 24 TCU on Thursday night.
The score came after the Red Raiders (3-0, 1-0 Big 12) thought they'd scored on a 49-yard TD pass from Webb to DeAndre Washington, but he dropped the ball at the half-yard line. An unsportsmanlike conduct penalty took them back to the TCU 14. Two plays later, Webb hit Marquez.
TCU (1-2, 0-1) scored its only touchdown when B. J. Catalon ran in from 17 yards to make it 10-all with 6:28 remaining
TCU's Trevone Boykin went 23 for 36 for 194 yards and two interceptions.
Texas Tech's starting quarterback Baker Mayfield left the game in the fourth quarter with what appeared to be a leg injury.
- Big Country high school marching bands compete at Abilene stadium
- Taylor Co. residents to vote on $55M bond to renovate expo center
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Warm and likely dry
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer