AUSTIN, Texas - Texas wide receiver Mike Davis has issued an apology for a cut block against an Iowa State defender that drew a personal foul penalty, a day after saying he'd "do the same thing" again.
Davis was penalized for his block on Deon Broomfield and was publicly reprimanded by the Big 12 for the play last Thursday.
On Monday, Davis said he was glad Broomfield wasn't hurt. He said the play called for him to block the defender. But he suggested Broomfield wasn't playing hard and deserved the cut block at his left knee. Davis said: "I'd do the same thing" in a similar situation.
In a statement released Tuesday, Davis says he didn't want to hurt Broomfield. He apologized to the player and Big 12 Commissioner Bob Bowlsby
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Updated Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- San Angelo council to consider naming new member after embattled councilman resigns
- Reward offered for killer of 8-year-old Texas girl
- Hardin-Simmons to host regional in Division III basketball tournament
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program