AUSTIN, Texas - Myles Turner, one of the top high school basketball players in the country, said Wednesday he will play at Texas, giving the Longhorns a lineup that could challenge for the Big 12 title next season.
Turner announced his decision in a televised campus event at Euless Trinity High School near Fort Worth. The 6-foot-11 center was a McDonald's All-American last season, averaging 18 points, 12 rebounds and nearly seven blocks.
Turner will join a Texas lineup that returns five starters from a team that went 24-11 and played in the NCAA tournament after a losing season in 2012-13. Other schools Turner considered included Duke, Kansas, Texas A&M and Oklahoma State.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Female football official earning her stripes
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- KTXS Forecast: Feeling like late September temperatures
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth