AUSTIN, Texas - Myles Turner, one of the top high school basketball players in the country, said Wednesday he will play at Texas, giving the Longhorns a lineup that could challenge for the Big 12 title next season.
Turner announced his decision in a televised campus event at Euless Trinity High School near Fort Worth. The 6-foot-11 center was a McDonald's All-American last season, averaging 18 points, 12 rebounds and nearly seven blocks.
Turner will join a Texas lineup that returns five starters from a team that went 24-11 and played in the NCAA tournament after a losing season in 2012-13. Other schools Turner considered included Duke, Kansas, Texas A&M and Oklahoma State.
- Abilene trailer park tenants receive water termination notice
- Police investigating north Abilene burglary, witnesses give description
- Man arrested after leading police on chase in north Abilene
- Girl scouts pick up thousands of boxes of cookies for 2017 season
- Gun and knife show returns to Abilene this weekend
- Big Country man recognized with award for act of heroism
- Woman convicted of murdering Abilene police officer files appeal
- DPS identifies 2 arrested after high-speed chase on I-20
- Jury sentences Ranger man to 99 years in prison for mid-2016 murder
- Man jailed in Callahan County after chase, stolen truck crashes into DPS unit