AUSTIN, Texas - Myles Turner, one of the top high school basketball players in the country, said Wednesday he will play at Texas, giving the Longhorns a lineup that could challenge for the Big 12 title next season.
Turner announced his decision in a televised campus event at Euless Trinity High School near Fort Worth. The 6-foot-11 center was a McDonald's All-American last season, averaging 18 points, 12 rebounds and nearly seven blocks.
Turner will join a Texas lineup that returns five starters from a team that went 24-11 and played in the NCAA tournament after a losing season in 2012-13. Other schools Turner considered included Duke, Kansas, Texas A&M and Oklahoma State.
- Updated Dem convention speeches Day 4: CNN's Reality Check Team vets the claims
- 3 Big Country hospitals receive high marks from federal government
- Abilene council members approve controversial rezoning ordinance
- Brownwood business selling T-shirts to support law enforcement
- Updated Hillary Clinton: 'The sky's the limit'