ABILENE, Texas - Hardin-Simmons' baseball team dropped its fifth straight game with a 6-0 loss to Concordia in American Southwest Conference action at Hunter Field on Friday night.
Concordia scored first in the fourth on the back end of a double steal with runners at first and second with two outs. In the fifth. Connor Bertsch had a two-run double to center to make it 3-0.
In the sixth inning, Cole Calder had an RBI double and Estevan Hernandez added an RBI single for Concordia. Colton Poindexter added an RBI single in the ninth.
J.T. Thornton had two of the Cowboys' seven hits. Bertsch, Hernandez and Poindexter had two hits each for Concordia.
Eric Zamora started and took the loss for the Cowboys to fall to 2-1. He allowed three runs on six hits in five and two-third innings. He struck out seven. Alex Bradley, Garrett Reed and John Benedetto all worked in relief for the Cowboys.
Scott Weinschenk was in charge on the mound for Concordia. He scattered six hits over seven and two-third innings and struck out six. Trey Pledger worked the final inning and a third for Concordia.
The Cowboys are 6-7 on the year and 4-6 in league play. Concordia improved to 11-2 overall and 8-1 in conference play. The teams will play a 1 p.m. doubleheader on Saturday.
Information for this story provided by HSU Athletics.
- Texas Senate to vote on bill to fund downtown Abilene hotel
- Abilene splash pads to open for summer Wednesday
- Early voting can have significant impact on elections
- 18-wheeler carrying sheet rock flips on Abilene highway
- Abilene City Council asking for public input during special meeting
- Survey of Abilene homeless population shows increase in numbers
- Brown County police chief disgusted Brownwood man's sentence was shortened
- RadioShack latest victim in wave of corporate closures in Brownwood
- Brownwood man commuted by President Obama released from jail on Tuesday
- Police: Brownwood man wasn't victim of drive-by shooting, instead shot himself
- Brown County commissioners approve reducing speed limit on CC Woodson Road
- Brown County political forum scheduled for Tuesday night
- Coleman County voters to decide on $9.1 million bond for new LEC
- Breckenridge woman killed in rollover crash
- Zephyr ISD approves new football turf amid ongoing litigation
- Albany City Councilman gets 10 years of probation for indecency with child
- Students honor Snyder High School math teacher killed in West Texas crash
- Hwy 84/183 in Brown County reopened after 2-hour delay