ABILENE, Texas - Hardin-Simmons' baseball team dropped its fifth straight game with a 6-0 loss to Concordia in American Southwest Conference action at Hunter Field on Friday night.
Concordia scored first in the fourth on the back end of a double steal with runners at first and second with two outs. In the fifth. Connor Bertsch had a two-run double to center to make it 3-0.
In the sixth inning, Cole Calder had an RBI double and Estevan Hernandez added an RBI single for Concordia. Colton Poindexter added an RBI single in the ninth.
J.T. Thornton had two of the Cowboys' seven hits. Bertsch, Hernandez and Poindexter had two hits each for Concordia.
Eric Zamora started and took the loss for the Cowboys to fall to 2-1. He allowed three runs on six hits in five and two-third innings. He struck out seven. Alex Bradley, Garrett Reed and John Benedetto all worked in relief for the Cowboys.
Scott Weinschenk was in charge on the mound for Concordia. He scattered six hits over seven and two-third innings and struck out six. Trey Pledger worked the final inning and a third for Concordia.
The Cowboys are 6-7 on the year and 4-6 in league play. Concordia improved to 11-2 overall and 8-1 in conference play. The teams will play a 1 p.m. doubleheader on Saturday.
Information for this story provided by HSU Athletics.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated