ABILENE, Texas - Hardin-Simmons' baseball team dropped its fifth straight game with a 6-0 loss to Concordia in American Southwest Conference action at Hunter Field on Friday night.
Concordia scored first in the fourth on the back end of a double steal with runners at first and second with two outs. In the fifth. Connor Bertsch had a two-run double to center to make it 3-0.
In the sixth inning, Cole Calder had an RBI double and Estevan Hernandez added an RBI single for Concordia. Colton Poindexter added an RBI single in the ninth.
J.T. Thornton had two of the Cowboys' seven hits. Bertsch, Hernandez and Poindexter had two hits each for Concordia.
Eric Zamora started and took the loss for the Cowboys to fall to 2-1. He allowed three runs on six hits in five and two-third innings. He struck out seven. Alex Bradley, Garrett Reed and John Benedetto all worked in relief for the Cowboys.
Scott Weinschenk was in charge on the mound for Concordia. He scattered six hits over seven and two-third innings and struck out six. Trey Pledger worked the final inning and a third for Concordia.
The Cowboys are 6-7 on the year and 4-6 in league play. Concordia improved to 11-2 overall and 8-1 in conference play. The teams will play a 1 p.m. doubleheader on Saturday.
Information for this story provided by HSU Athletics.
- Updated Obama shortens more than 100 prison sentences
- Updated TDCJ: Criminal charges against Abilene corrections officer dismissed
- Updated Texan who faked being decorated Navy SEAL gets prison
- Updated New 'Dancing With the Stars' cast includes ex-Gov. Rick Perry, 12 others
- Updated Whistleblower lands a $22 million payday from SEC
Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire