COLLEGE STATION, Texas - Senior guard Elston Turner scored a game-high 26 points as Texas A&M defeated Troy 83-65 Monday night.
Ray Turner and Fabyon Harris each added 14 points and Alex Caruso chipped in 13 in the winning effort. Hunter Williams led Troy (1-1) with 15 points, and Ray Chambers followed with 10.
The Aggies (2-0), who leaped to a 45-29 halftime lead, shot 52.7 percent from the field compared to Troy's 43.6 percent. Elston Turner, the Aggies' leading scorer last season with 13.9 points per game, made 9 of 14 shots from the field, including four 3-pointers in seven attempts.
A&M was particularly effective from the free-throw line, making 18 of 20. The Aggies also had 21 assists to only eight turnovers in a crisp early-season effort. Freshman J'Mychal Reese tallied a game-high six assists.
- Updated Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Updated Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Updated Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen