COLLEGE STATION, Texas - Senior guard Elston Turner scored a game-high 26 points as Texas A&M defeated Troy 83-65 Monday night.
Ray Turner and Fabyon Harris each added 14 points and Alex Caruso chipped in 13 in the winning effort. Hunter Williams led Troy (1-1) with 15 points, and Ray Chambers followed with 10.
The Aggies (2-0), who leaped to a 45-29 halftime lead, shot 52.7 percent from the field compared to Troy's 43.6 percent. Elston Turner, the Aggies' leading scorer last season with 13.9 points per game, made 9 of 14 shots from the field, including four 3-pointers in seven attempts.
A&M was particularly effective from the free-throw line, making 18 of 20. The Aggies also had 21 assists to only eight turnovers in a crisp early-season effort. Freshman J'Mychal Reese tallied a game-high six assists.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated