SALEM, Virginia - Hardin-Simmons' football players Jessie Ramos and Chuck North named to the D3football.com All-American Second Team that was announced ahead of the Stagg Bowl on Friday evening.
North, a senior offensive lineman, was named to the second team. He led a Cowboy offense that averaged 459.9 yards per game and scored 42.2 points per game.
He did not allow a sack and was named the American Southwest Conference Offensive Lineman of the Year.
Ramos was named as the kick returner. He was a threat every time he returned a kick and led the nation with three kickoff returns for touchdowns. He had 1,013 return yards on 38 returns and averaged 26.7 yards per kick return. He is a sophomore from Stamford.
"Both players are deserving of this honor," said HSU head coach Jesse Burleson. "Chuck continues our long line of All-American offensive lineman and he had an outstanding year. Jessie is just special. He is a threat to score every time he touches the ball."
Information for this story provided by HSU Athletics.
- Updated Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Updated 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Updated Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Updated HPU baseball team collects donations for LA flood victims
- Updated Lowe's Heroes gives back to the Disabled American Veterans