SALEM, Virginia - Hardin-Simmons' football players Jessie Ramos and Chuck North named to the D3football.com All-American Second Team that was announced ahead of the Stagg Bowl on Friday evening.
North, a senior offensive lineman, was named to the second team. He led a Cowboy offense that averaged 459.9 yards per game and scored 42.2 points per game.
He did not allow a sack and was named the American Southwest Conference Offensive Lineman of the Year.
Ramos was named as the kick returner. He was a threat every time he returned a kick and led the nation with three kickoff returns for touchdowns. He had 1,013 return yards on 38 returns and averaged 26.7 yards per kick return. He is a sophomore from Stamford.
"Both players are deserving of this honor," said HSU head coach Jesse Burleson. "Chuck continues our long line of All-American offensive lineman and he had an outstanding year. Jessie is just special. He is a threat to score every time he touches the ball."
Information for this story provided by HSU Athletics.
- Man shot in arm during road rage incident near Abilene
- Man convicted of indecency with a child now arrested in Taylor County
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Financial shortfall forcing Meals on Wheels to cut breakfast delivery in Abilene
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Sweetwater teacher accused of relationship with student resigns
- Bond reduced for Ranger man accused of murder
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash