NEW ORLEANS, Louisiana - Two of ACU's first three games of the 2014 football season will have a national viewing audience after it was announced Tuesday that the Wildcats' game at Troy (Ala.) will be broadcast on ESPN3.
The broadcast is part of a 13-game package between ESPN and the Sun Belt Conference for the 2014 campaign. ACU will open the season on Wednesday, Aug. 27, with a game against Georgia State in a contest that will be broadcast to a nationwide television audience on ESPNU. Then two weeks later, the Wildcats will be back in the south, this time taking on Troy in a game that will be Web cast on ESPN3.
ACU's only other football appearance on ESPN3 generated an exciting game as the Wildcats dropped a 34-29 decision to New Mexico State last October in Las Cruces, N.M. The Wildcats almost hit a miraculous 79-yard Hail Mary on the final play of the game to pull out the win, but Taylor Gabriel was knocked out of bounds six yards short of the end zone and the touchdown that would have won the game for ACU.
Information for this story provided by Abilene Christian Athletics.
- Updated Police: Man now faces murder charge in Big Spring after woman, 64, dies
- Abilene police chief posts on social media after 10 morning crashes
- Girl, 8, gets $10K scholarship to University of North Texas after video
- Taylor County woman pleads guilty for injuring her children
- Two-headed rat snake gets new home at Central Texas zoo
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget