NEW ORLEANS, Louisiana - Two of ACU's first three games of the 2014 football season will have a national viewing audience after it was announced Tuesday that the Wildcats' game at Troy (Ala.) will be broadcast on ESPN3.
The broadcast is part of a 13-game package between ESPN and the Sun Belt Conference for the 2014 campaign. ACU will open the season on Wednesday, Aug. 27, with a game against Georgia State in a contest that will be broadcast to a nationwide television audience on ESPNU. Then two weeks later, the Wildcats will be back in the south, this time taking on Troy in a game that will be Web cast on ESPN3.
ACU's only other football appearance on ESPN3 generated an exciting game as the Wildcats dropped a 34-29 decision to New Mexico State last October in Las Cruces, N.M. The Wildcats almost hit a miraculous 79-yard Hail Mary on the final play of the game to pull out the win, but Taylor Gabriel was knocked out of bounds six yards short of the end zone and the touchdown that would have won the game for ACU.
Information for this story provided by Abilene Christian Athletics.
- Teenage suspect arrested in Hamlin murder; 2nd suspect wanted
- Updated Abilene police ask for help identifying man who robbed 2 convenience stores
- House fires fought in north, south Abilene
- Big Country 15-year-old sells steer for $345,000
- 2nd Vernon College rodeo team member dies 8 days after Haskell County crash; 3rd death total
- Brownwood college rodeo raising funds for families of deceased Vernon College students
- Brownwood teen gets 50 years in prison for murdering parents
- Sears Hometown in Early to remain open despite company's woes
- Scoreboard at Gordon Wood Stadium in Brownwood to be replaced
- Brownwood ISD considering random drug testing for extracurricular activities