ABILENE, Texas - Hardin-Simmons senior second baseman Marcus Uechi has been named to the 2014 D3baseball.com all-West region first team after another stellar season.
The San Antonio native started all 40 games for the Cowboys and hit .348 with two home runs and 34 runs driven in. He also led the American Southwest Conference with 15 doubles and led the team in runs scored with 34 and slugging percentage at .519. He also added 11 stolen bases.
Uechi was a first-team all-ASC selection and was also was a third-team all-region selection a year ago.
Information for this story provided by HSU Athletics.
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- KTXS Forecast: Slight warm up today then another cold front arrives Thursday
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend