ABILENE, Texas - Hardin-Simmons senior second baseman Marcus Uechi has been named to the 2014 D3baseball.com all-West region first team after another stellar season.
The San Antonio native started all 40 games for the Cowboys and hit .348 with two home runs and 34 runs driven in. He also led the American Southwest Conference with 15 doubles and led the team in runs scored with 34 and slugging percentage at .519. He also added 11 stolen bases.
Uechi was a first-team all-ASC selection and was also was a third-team all-region selection a year ago.
Information for this story provided by HSU Athletics.
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash