ABILENE, Texas - Hardin-Simmons senior second baseman Marcus Uechi has been named to the 2014 D3baseball.com all-West region first team after another stellar season.
The San Antonio native started all 40 games for the Cowboys and hit .348 with two home runs and 34 runs driven in. He also led the American Southwest Conference with 15 doubles and led the team in runs scored with 34 and slugging percentage at .519. He also added 11 stolen bases.
Uechi was a first-team all-ASC selection and was also was a third-team all-region selection a year ago.
Information for this story provided by HSU Athletics.
- Christmas market in Abilene benefits African orphanage
- Russian man caught with synthetic opioid in Abilene, could face deportation
- Abilene's Food for Fares campaign nearing its end
- City of Abilene offering trolley tour of homes decorated for holidays
- Abilene parents fear impending cuts to therapy for children