FT. WORTH, Texas - Suspended TCU defensive end Devonte Fields will be in uniform when the 20th-ranked Horned Frogs open the season against No. 12 LSU.
The depth chart released by TCU lists Fields or Matt Anderson starting at right defensive end, but it's still unlikely the reigning Big 12 defensive player of the year will play Saturday night.
TCU announced in May that Fields was suspended for the first two games for an unspecified violation of "university and team policy."
Asked Tuesday if there was a chance Fields would play, coach Gary Patterson initially responded, "find out at game time."
But the coach said later he's still all about teaching life lessons, and that anyone who knows him would know which way to bet on Fields' chances of playing.
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget