RICHARDSON, Texas - Hardin-Simmons' women's soccer and volleyball teams were given the American Southwest Conference Student-Athlete Advisory Committee Team Sportsmanship Award the conference office announced on Wednesday (Nov. 28).
The award, in its sixth academic year, honors the member institution in each ASC championship sport that best displays positive qualities of sportsmanship and fair play from its student-athletes, coaches and fans throughout the season. The Student-Athlete Advisory Committees (SAACs) from the conference's 14 member institutions vote on the recipients.
The two Cowgirl teams also went through the American Southwest Conference season undefeated and each claimed the ASC Tournament title.
Texas-Tyler won the conference's SAAC team sportsmanship award in men's cross country for the second time in three years, while LeTourneau was honored on the women's side for the first time in program history.
Howard Payne won the sportsmanship award in football for the third time.
Louisiana College won the award in men's soccer for the second consecutive season and third time overall.
Mary Hardin-Baylor took volleyball honors in the East Division for the second time in four seasons.
Information for this story provided by HSU Sports Information.
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 2 dead in shooting during fight at Houston strip club
- Police seek help finding suitcase linked to Colorado murder
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- KTXS Forecast: Rain moves out, making way for warmer weather and sunny skies