RICHARDSON, Texas - Hardin-Simmons' women's soccer and volleyball teams were given the American Southwest Conference Student-Athlete Advisory Committee Team Sportsmanship Award the conference office announced on Wednesday (Nov. 28).
The award, in its sixth academic year, honors the member institution in each ASC championship sport that best displays positive qualities of sportsmanship and fair play from its student-athletes, coaches and fans throughout the season. The Student-Athlete Advisory Committees (SAACs) from the conference's 14 member institutions vote on the recipients.
The two Cowgirl teams also went through the American Southwest Conference season undefeated and each claimed the ASC Tournament title.
Texas-Tyler won the conference's SAAC team sportsmanship award in men's cross country for the second time in three years, while LeTourneau was honored on the women's side for the first time in program history.
Howard Payne won the sportsmanship award in football for the third time.
Louisiana College won the award in men's soccer for the second consecutive season and third time overall.
Mary Hardin-Baylor took volleyball honors in the East Division for the second time in four seasons.
Information for this story provided by HSU Sports Information.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated