ABILENE, Texas - Lubbock Christian University edged McMurry University 3-2 (21-25, 25-19, 19-25, 25-18 and 13-15) in a five-set thriller Thursday evening in Heartland Conference action at Kimbrell Arena.
The War Hawks didn't have an answer for Kacey Deterding. Deterding, who entered the match leading the Heartland with 212 kills, finished the night with a match-high 19 kills. She also helped out with 12 digs.
Peyton Evans (Riverton, Utah/Western Texas College) led a balanced McM attack. The senior finished with 14 kills, hit a match-high .440 and chipped in 33 assists.
Kelsey Harkins (Elgin, Texas/Elgin HS) finished with 13 kills and 14 digs, Kayla Hines (Robinson, Texas/Robinson HS) chipped in nine kills and Kasi Conners (Abilene, Texas/Abilene HS) helped out with nine blocks and six kills.
LCU's offense ran through Erin Fisher. The setter had a match-high 54 assists for the Lady Chaparrals (9-7, 6-2 Heartland).
McM (7-11, 4-4) will play host to UT-Permian Basin Saturday at noon.
Information for this story provided by ACU Athletics.
- Rose Park aquatic center to open this summer
- Updated Dashcam video of San Angelo councilman's altercation with police released
- 3 arrested for engaging in organized crime in San Angelo
- Job fair to be held at Abilene Convention Center
- Forecasters say parts of Texas – including Abilene – face critical wildfire danger
- Big Country 100 Men Who Care gives away another $10,000
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- John Lackey commemorative billboard to serve multiple purposes
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting