SAN ANGELO, Texas - McMurry University's women's golf team sits in 11th place after Day 1 of the Angelo State Concho River Classic at the Bentwood Country Club. The War Hawks shot a team composite of 339 for the first 18 holes of the event.
Randi Hanfield had her team's best round of the afternoon, shooting an 80 (tied for 29th place). Hanfield shot a 41 on her out nine, while carding a 39 on the way in.
Leah Morgan was tied for 41st after a round of 83 (41-42) and freshman Arabela Cruz was tied for 55th after an 87.
Cameron Wallace's 89 (59th place) and a 92 from Makenzie Stone (tie 62nd) rounded out the McM scores from the first day.
Action resumes Tuesday at 8 a.m.
Information for this story provided by McMurry Athletics.
- Obama shortens more than 100 prison sentences
- Updated TDCJ: Criminal charges against Abilene corrections officer dismissed
- Texan who faked being decorated Navy SEAL gets prison
- New 'Dancing With the Stars' cast includes ex-Gov. Rick Perry, 12 others
- KTXS Forecast: Thundershower chances persist into the weekend
Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- McMurry University kicks off school year with convocation
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident