SAN ANGELO, Texas - McMurry University's women's golf team sits in 11th place after Day 1 of the Angelo State Concho River Classic at the Bentwood Country Club. The War Hawks shot a team composite of 339 for the first 18 holes of the event.
Randi Hanfield had her team's best round of the afternoon, shooting an 80 (tied for 29th place). Hanfield shot a 41 on her out nine, while carding a 39 on the way in.
Leah Morgan was tied for 41st after a round of 83 (41-42) and freshman Arabela Cruz was tied for 55th after an 87.
Cameron Wallace's 89 (59th place) and a 92 from Makenzie Stone (tie 62nd) rounded out the McM scores from the first day.
Action resumes Tuesday at 8 a.m.
Information for this story provided by McMurry Athletics.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated