ABILENE, Texas - Juan Isacura and David Cato each scored second-half goals and the McMurry University men's soccer team dashed past Oklahoma Christian University 2-0 in Heartland Conference action Monday afternoon at Edwards Field.
"It feels great to get this win on the pitch today," McM head coach Paul Tate said. "The team had a player's only meeting this weekend and it rejuvenated everyone. To win the game in the second half is great because that's where the majority of games are won or lost."
It didn't take long for the War Hawks to strike in the second half. Less than two minutes in Isacura (Barquisimeto, Venezuela/Las Colinas HS) blasted a rebound home to put McM up 1-0.
At the 77-minute mark Jaime Hernandez (Albuquerque, N.M./La Cueva HS) fed Cato (Canyon, Texas/Canyon HS) a perfect pass and scored on a breakaway to put McM up 2-0.
OCU (2-5-1, 0-2 Heartland) kept the pressure on throughout and outshot the War Hawks 15-8.
McM (2-6-1, 1-1 Heartland) returns to action Saturday at Newman University.
Information provided by McMurry athletics department.
- Updated Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- San Angelo council to consider naming new member after embattled councilman resigns
- Reward offered for killer of 8-year-old Texas girl
- Hardin-Simmons to host regional in Division III basketball tournament
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program