DALLAS - Antoine Freitas and David Cato each scored second-half goals, but it wasn't enough as Dallas Baptist University edged McMurry University, 3-2, Monday night at the Patriot Soccer Field.
Offensively, Brian Robertson was the Patriots' go-to guy. The sophomore scored two of DBU's three first-half goals and assisted on the other. He also led DBU with five shots on goal.
Despite trailing early, the War Hawks (1-4-1) made a valiant second-half comeback.
Freitas (Salvador, Brazil/Seward County CC) scored on a pass from Jordan Miller (Missouri City, Texas/Elkins HS) at the 60:59-mark of the second half to put McM on board.
Cato (Canyon, Texas/Canyon HS) scored at the 88:15-mark of the second half to pull the War Hawks to within one.
McM returns to action Sept. 29 and play host to St. Edward's University at Edward's Field.
Information provided by McMurry athletics department.
- Updated Abilene man charged with criminally negligent homicide in fiery 2014 crash
- Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic
- Texas promised to track oilfield waste in aquifers. It didn't
- Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family