HOBBS. N.M. - Junior Destin Connally (San Angelo, Texas/Central HS) scored off a corner kick at the 31-minute mark of the first half to propel McMurry University past the University of the Southwest (3-7) 1-0.
"It was great for Destin (Connally) to score a goal," McM women's soccer coach Alan Riches said. "She's had a lot of shots go wide or hit the post. Overall, it was a great win and I'm proud of the team."
Senior Chanel Felder (Austin, Texas/Cisco JC) stopped 10 shots to earn the shutout.
McM (3-3) opens up Heartland Conference action Saturday and play host to Dallas Baptist University.
Information provided by McMurry athletics department.
- Man shot in arm during road rage incident near Abilene
- Man convicted of indecency with a child now arrested in Taylor County
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Financial shortfall forcing Meals on Wheels to cut breakfast delivery in Abilene
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Sweetwater teacher accused of relationship with student resigns
- Bond reduced for Ranger man accused of murder
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash