HOBBS. N.M. - Junior Destin Connally (San Angelo, Texas/Central HS) scored off a corner kick at the 31-minute mark of the first half to propel McMurry University past the University of the Southwest (3-7) 1-0.
"It was great for Destin (Connally) to score a goal," McM women's soccer coach Alan Riches said. "She's had a lot of shots go wide or hit the post. Overall, it was a great win and I'm proud of the team."
Senior Chanel Felder (Austin, Texas/Cisco JC) stopped 10 shots to earn the shutout.
McM (3-3) opens up Heartland Conference action Saturday and play host to Dallas Baptist University.
Information provided by McMurry athletics department.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated