COMMERCE, Texas - A Brionna Minde corner kick tipped in by Stephanie Neely at the start of the 28th minute served as the lone goal in a 1-0 Texas A&M-Commerce win over Abilene Christian Monday afternoon.
The match was moved from Sunday to Monday due to unplayable field conditions brought on by heavy rains that soaked Eastern Texas throughout Saturday.
Commerce improved to 3-6 and 2-4-1 vs. the Lone Star Conference with the victory, while the Wildcats fell to 3-7-1 and 1-5-1.
The Lions were led by Anita Wright's eight shots, as they out-shot the Wildcats, 19-11, including 12-6 in the first half. Eight of the Lions' attempts were were saved by goalkeeper Arielle Moncure.
Tracey Rogers had four stops for Commerce and her defenders blocked another four. Rogers made her final save off a Krysta Grimm shot taken in the 86th minute.
Andrea Carpenter recorded the most shots for ACU with three.
The Wildcats complete their five-match road trip later this weekend with stops at West Texas A&M and Eastern New Mexico. ACU lost earlier this year to the Lady Buffs, 3-1, but beat the Zias, 2-1.
Information for this story provided by ACU Sports Information.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Female football official earning her stripes
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- KTXS Forecast: Feeling like late September temperatures
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth