COMMERCE, Texas - A Brionna Minde corner kick tipped in by Stephanie Neely at the start of the 28th minute served as the lone goal in a 1-0 Texas A&M-Commerce win over Abilene Christian Monday afternoon.
The match was moved from Sunday to Monday due to unplayable field conditions brought on by heavy rains that soaked Eastern Texas throughout Saturday.
Commerce improved to 3-6 and 2-4-1 vs. the Lone Star Conference with the victory, while the Wildcats fell to 3-7-1 and 1-5-1.
The Lions were led by Anita Wright's eight shots, as they out-shot the Wildcats, 19-11, including 12-6 in the first half. Eight of the Lions' attempts were were saved by goalkeeper Arielle Moncure.
Tracey Rogers had four stops for Commerce and her defenders blocked another four. Rogers made her final save off a Krysta Grimm shot taken in the 86th minute.
Andrea Carpenter recorded the most shots for ACU with three.
The Wildcats complete their five-match road trip later this weekend with stops at West Texas A&M and Eastern New Mexico. ACU lost earlier this year to the Lady Buffs, 3-1, but beat the Zias, 2-1.
Information for this story provided by ACU Sports Information.
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen
- Updated West Texas police say 6 slightly hurt when shot during robbery
- Updated 2 injured in DWI crash in Early, man arrested
- Updated 2 arrested for Texas bank robberies
- Updated Santa Anna man, 28, arrested on drug charges in Coleman