LAKE CHARLES, Louisiana - The ACU Wildcats shot a final-round 297 on Tuesday to finish tied for fifth at the 51st annual Moe O'Brien Intercollegiate at the Lake Charles Country Club.
The host Cowboys from McNeese State won the tournament on their home course, firing a round of 11-under-par 277 to finish at 24-under-par 840 for the 54-hole tournament. The Cowboys won the tournament by 22 strokes over runner-up Texas-Pan American, which finished the two-day event at 2-under-par 862.
Incarnate Word was third at 8-over-par 864, followed by Stephen F. Austin at 9-over-par 873 and ACU and Nicholls State in fifth at 23-over-par 887.
The Wildcats were led by junior Corbin Renner, who backed up his Monday rounds of 73-69 with a 2-over-par 74 on Tuesday for a total of even-par 216 as he finished tied for ninth over the muddy track. Trey Sullivan shot an even-par 72 on Tuesday to finish tied for 20th at 5-over-par 221 as he continues to work his way back into form after off-season back issues.
Kaden Walters (73-75-75–223) finished tied for 26th, while Luke Carpenter (78-75-77–230) finished tied for 41st, and Ian Evans (82-75-76–233) finished tied for 48th.
The Wildcats will be back in action next week in Los Cabos, Mexico, at the Querencia Cabo Collegiate at the Querencia Country Club.
Information for this story provided by ACU Athletics.
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Updated Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- KTXS Forecast: Tracking another cold front
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend