ABILENE, Texas - Summer camp season is in full swing, and Abilene Christian hosting their second basketball camp this week.
Kids aged from five to 17 hit the court at Moody Coliseum. Wildcat coaches led them through drills focusing on shooting and ball handling.
"We want to get involved in the community of Abilene, and I think we're doing a good job of that with our missionary work and community service in town," said ACU head coach Joe Golding. "[Hosting camp] is also a way of giving back. We did a camp at Dyess last week at the air force base. It's great to give back to them, and then obviously we're doing it now here for other campers that didn't get to go for the first week."
- Updated City of Abilene addresses high water bills
- Updated Agency shakeup: 4 regional CPS directors fired, including director of Abilene region
- Updated Abilene police officer murdered one year ago
- Updated Black Texas woman sues after being thrown down amid arrest
- Updated Leaders hold special meeting after 10-year-old girl's gruesome death