ABILENE, Texas - Abilene Christian ripped 11 hits and capitalized on four Falcon errors in its 12-1 (7-inning) victory over Texas-Permain Basin on a cool Tuesday afternoon at Crutcher Scott Field.
The Wildcats (27-19) scored two in the first on a 's single and put the game out of reach in the second after scoring four unearned runs, the last of which came home on a two-run hit by .
Macy finished the game 3-for-4 with two runs and three RBI.
Shortstop also had two RBI from the No. 9 spot. He first drove in on a ground ball that made it 7-0 in the third and was hit by a pitch with the bases loaded in his next at-bat.
The Wildcats clinched their run-rule victory with four runs in the sixth. tripled in for the first run and then came home on Macy's high chopper over the third baseman's glove. capped the scoring with a two-run double to the left-field corner.
In his first start this season, (4-1) tossed 64 pitches through 5.0 innings and only gave up one run on five hits, a walk and two strikeouts.
pitched 2.0 scoreless frames following Rodriguez and finished things in the seventh.
The Wildcats return to action Friday for the start of a four-game series vs. Angelo State.
Game times are Friday at 7 p.m., Saturday at 2 p.m. and Sunday at 1 p.m.
The ACU Students' Association and ACU Athletics will present their inaugural Pack The Park event during Saturday's doubleheader vs. the Rams.
Pack The Park will feature 2013-14 Student Body President Dylan Benac throwing out the first pitch, and the first 150 students in attendance will receive a free 'The Crutch - Pack The Park' tank top.
Free ACU rally towels also will be given away as will some food off the grill, plus snacks and drinks.
Information for this story provided by ACU Sports Information.
- Texas gunman had 2 weapons, thousands of rounds at scene
- Children subject of Amber Alert found dead, mother arrested
- KTXS Forecast: Isolated sprinkles possible then drying afternoon
- North Texas son, 18, gets life in prison for killing parents
- Fugitive Monday: Man, 27, wanted by Abilene police for parole violation
- Texas Roadhouse in Abilene donating to non-profit for cancer patients
- Man pleads guilty in connection with brutal 2014 Abilene murder, sentenced to life
- Abilene man fires shot during fight with roommate
- $4,000 TV stolen during burglary of Abilene apartment
- More Abilene convenience store robberies reported
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend
- Low enrollment causing Brookesmith ISD to look into restructuring
- Firefighters respond to house fire in Clyde, rescue dog