ABILENE, Texas - McMurry University's junior forward, Kenny Williams, has been named the Heartland Conference Men's Basketball Player of the Week, announced the conference office on Monday.
Even though the War Hawks went 0-2, Williams has started to prove himself as one of the leaders of the McMurry squad.
In McMurry's first contest of the week, a 61-52 loss at the hands of Newman University, Williams had an efficient, 9-of-15, shooting performance while posting his third double-double of the season. He collected 24 points and 10 boards in 34 minutes of play.
In the War Hawks second game of the week, Williams once again led all scorers in the contest, putting up 28 points, which marked his season high. During the UAFS game he also pulled down five boards, and shot 11-of-19.
So far this season, Williams ranks second in the Heartland Conference in points per game with 20.4. He also leads the conference in three-point percentage (.727) and is in the top ten in rebounding (6.7 per game) and field goal percentage (.573). His award is the first for the McMurry men's basketball team this season.
Williams and the War Hawks will back in action on Saturday, December 8, when they play host to the University of the Incarnate Word. The contest at Kimbrell Arena is scheduled for a 4 p.m. tip-off.
Information provided by McMurry athletics department.
- Big Country high school marching bands compete at Abilene stadium
- Taylor Co. residents to vote on $55M bond to renovate expo center
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Sentencing phase kicks off in murder trial of Abilene teen
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer