SAN ANTONIO, Texas - The McMurry University women's soccer team was defeated 5-0 at the hands of St. Mary's University on Thursday afternoon.
St. Mary's wasted no time getting on the board first as they scored just two minutes into the contest, off the foot of Leah Snelson on an assist from Leia Kirch to go up 1-0. Kirch and Snelson would connect for a second time in the 19th minute to push the lead to 2-0. The Rattlers would then go up 3-0 before the half on an unassisted goal by Ashleigh Wells.
In the second half, Kirch notched her third assist of the game as she connected to Amanda Cardoza who gave the Rattlers the 4-0 lead. A Katie Kasperitis goal would round out the scoring at 5-0.
Over the course of the contest, the War Hawks were out shot by a total of 24-3 and had a 5-1 disadvantage in corner kicks.
McMurry will be back in action on Saturday October 13 when they travel to Odessa, Texas to take on Texas A&M International University. The contest is scheduled for a 12 p.m. start.
Information for this story provided by McMurry Sports Information.
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth
- Teen killed in Coleman County motorcycle-truck crash
- Teacher Tribute: First-year Wylie teacher receives season's first honor
- Brookesmith school board selects interim superintendent
- Victim testifies against former chief in Anson sexual assault trial
- Clyde Intermediate School teachers save student from choking