SAN ANTONIO, Texas - The McMurry University women's soccer team was defeated 5-0 at the hands of St. Mary's University on Thursday afternoon.
St. Mary's wasted no time getting on the board first as they scored just two minutes into the contest, off the foot of Leah Snelson on an assist from Leia Kirch to go up 1-0. Kirch and Snelson would connect for a second time in the 19th minute to push the lead to 2-0. The Rattlers would then go up 3-0 before the half on an unassisted goal by Ashleigh Wells.
In the second half, Kirch notched her third assist of the game as she connected to Amanda Cardoza who gave the Rattlers the 4-0 lead. A Katie Kasperitis goal would round out the scoring at 5-0.
Over the course of the contest, the War Hawks were out shot by a total of 24-3 and had a 5-1 disadvantage in corner kicks.
McMurry will be back in action on Saturday October 13 when they travel to Odessa, Texas to take on Texas A&M International University. The contest is scheduled for a 12 p.m. start.
Information for this story provided by McMurry Sports Information.
- Updated TDCJ: Criminal charges against Abilene corrections officer dismissed
- Updated New 'Dancing With the Stars' cast includes ex-Gov. Rick Perry, 12 others
- Updated Phoenix-area woman finds 7-foot-long snake near trash
- Updated Man on Texas death row for killing 2 loses appeal
- Updated Armored car guard shot, killed in Texas ATM robbery
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- TDCJ: Criminal charges against Abilene corrections officer dismissed