ABILENE, Texas - Hardin-Simmons' women's soccer team will begin its quest for the 2013 NCAA Division III Women's Soccer Championship in Thousand Oaks, Calif., against Claremont Mudd Scripps Universities on Saturday evening at 9:30 CST.
The Cowgirls are in the NCAA Tournament for the 11th straight year and for the 13th time. HSU is 16-10-5 all-time in NCAA Tournament play. HSU goes into the tournament ranked 12th nationally.
With a win, the Cowgirls would play the winner of the University of Puget Sound and California Lutheran on Sunday at 7 CST.
HSU advanced to the NCAA Championship as an automatic qualifier after winning its 11th American Southwest Conference in a row on Sunday with a 1-0 win over Texas-Dallas.
Information for this story provided by HSU Athletics.
- Updated Foreign national leads high-speed chase, fires shots through Big Country
- Updated On Mexico trip, Trump leaves press stranded
- Updated City of Abilene receives 2,000+ complaints or comments about water bills
- Updated Abilene requests proposals for new downtown hotel and 'festival district'
- Updated August 2016 ties August 1914 as wettest in Texas
- Abilene requests proposals for new downtown hotel and 'festival district'
- Paint Creek reacts to Perry's Dancing with the Stars casting
- Businesses near Big Country lakes hoping for big Labor Day turnout
- Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season