SAN MARCOS, Texas - McMurry University dropped a 7-0 decision to NCAA Division I Texas State on Friday afternoon. The loss drops the War Hawks to 5-12 overall.
TSU had no trouble in dispatching the McM team, sweeping all three doubles bouts to earn the first team point of the day.
In singles, the Bobcats were equally dominating, winning all six matches in straight sets. TSU lost just 10 total games in singles play.
McMurry will close out the regular season on Saturday morning (10 a.m.) at Our Lady of the Lake University in a match played in San Antonio.
Information for this story provided by McMurry Sports Information.
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- Updated KTXS Forecast: A fire danger Tuesday with very warm and windy conditions
- San Angelo council to consider naming new member after embattled councilman resigns
- Updated Families displaced in Brownwood apartment fire find new homes
- Texas A&M Forest Service conducts prescribed burns at Camp Bowie
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck