SAN MARCOS, Texas - McMurry University dropped a 7-0 decision to NCAA Division I Texas State on Friday afternoon. The loss drops the War Hawks to 5-12 overall.
TSU had no trouble in dispatching the McM team, sweeping all three doubles bouts to earn the first team point of the day.
In singles, the Bobcats were equally dominating, winning all six matches in straight sets. TSU lost just 10 total games in singles play.
McMurry will close out the regular season on Saturday morning (10 a.m.) at Our Lady of the Lake University in a match played in San Antonio.
Information for this story provided by McMurry Sports Information.
- Updated Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Federal agency publishes timetable for President Trump's Mexico border wall
- Texas murder suspect arrested; was in Daytona for the races
- Los Arcos restaurant to reopen Wednesday in Abilene
- Crews battling wildfires in Texas Panhandle, Oklahoma
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- Wanted: Abilene police seek teen & woman
- Abilene City Council chooses water rate study after high bills